- Engineering & Public Works
- Forms, Permits & JULIE
Forms, Permits & JULIE
The Town of Normal Engineering Department manages several licensing and permitting processes that are required by the Municipal Code. To complete the following licenses or permits, submit online (preferred) or print and mail the completed PDF form. If you have questions, please visit the Engineering Department office or contact the person indicated.
- Flood Information Request Online Form or Flood Information Request PDF - to inquire if a parcel is in a flood zone, flood path or flood way. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- 50/50 Sidewalk Replacement Online Request Form or Sidewalk Replacement Request PDF - to request replacement or new construction of a sidewalk. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Storm Water Credit Manual and Request PDF - to request a credit on a Storm Water Utility Fee (Guidelines must be met to qualify. ) Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Parking Lot Permit Application PDF - to create a new parking lot or add to an existing one. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Erosion Control Permit Application PDF - if you're disturbing over 5,000 square feet of land. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Right-of-Way Excavation Permit Application PDF - for contractors doing any excavations on streets, parkways, boulevards or sidewalks within the Town of Normal right-of-way. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Stream Buffer Permit Application PDF - for contractors doing any work along a stream or creek within the Town of Normal. The buffer is established based on the order number of the stream. Email Julie Weger or call (309) 433-3425.
- Overweight/Oversize Loads Permit Online Application or Overweight/Oversize Permit Permit Application PDF- required for any person or company moving an oversize or overweight load on Town of Normal streets. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Utility Permit Application or Utility Permit Application PDF - required for utility companies when installing utilities in the Town's rights-of-way and easements. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Temporary Traffic Control Permit (Online Form) or Temporary Traffic Control Permit Application PDF - required for any person or company working within the Town's rights-of-way including street and sidewalk closures. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Dumpster/Storage Container Permit (Online Form) or Dumpster/Storage Container Permit Application PDF - required when placing a dumpster or storage container on a street. You are required to have a lighted barricade around the dumpster or storage container. Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Small Wireless Facilities Permit Application PDF - Email Darryl Barron or call (309) 454-9741.
- Uptown Normal Sidewalk and On-Street Cafe License Applications - Email Mercy Davison or call 309-454-9590.
JULIE Illinois Law Requirements
The Town of Normal is a member of JULIE (Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators). JULIE, also known as the Illinois One-Call System, is a not-for-profit corporation that provides professional and non-professional excavators with the free locating and marking of underground facilities. JULIE serves as a message handling service for underground facility owners, taking information about planned excavations and distributing this information to its membership. It is then the responsibility of each facility owner to mark the location of their underground facilities at the excavation site. Underground utilities maintained by the Town include: water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, traffic signals and some conduits between and around traffic signal locations.
Illinois Law requires all persons digging to call JULIE at least 48 hours/two working days prior to the start of excavation and to begin that project within 14 calendar days from the call. The 48-hour notice does not include Saturdays, Sundays or member holidays.
JULIE operators are available at 811 or (800) 892-0123 to process locate requests 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Additionally, you can enter an E-Request.
For more information about JULIE, please visit the JULIE website. For other questions or for information about the Town’s facilities, please contact: Darryl Barron by calling (309) 454-9741.