Fairview Park History

Before 1955, Fell Park was the only public space in Normal, Illinois. However, due to lack of funds the park no longer was accessible for public use. In 1957, George A. Sperry of Midland, Texas was hired as Recreation Director. One of his first acts as Director was to purchase and develop 20 acres of land, known today as Fairview Park. The park was developed to hold several public events and in 1958 the Fairview pool was constructed. Renovations to the park have increased the number of amenities and programs available to the public including an outdoor skate park.

Located at: 801 N. Main St.


  • Restrooms- Permanent 
  • Drinking Fountains
  • Swimming Pools
  • Picnic Shelters
  • Picnic Tables
  • Grills
  • Playground for ages 2-12
  • Spring Toys 
  • ADA Swing on East Playground 
  • Ballfield
  • Lighted Tennis Courts 
  • Soccer
  • Skate Park 
  • Paved Trail
  • Access to Constitution Trail 
Blemler Field Sign
Skate Park